MG ZS EV to launch in two variants in a bid to price the entry-level variant at a lower price point
MG motor’s second product in India is going to be an all-electric version of the ZS crossover. The bookings for MG ZS EV has already begun with an amount of Rs 50,000. As of now, the bookings for MG’s first electric car is opened only in five cities – Delhi, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, and Hyderabad.
The ZS EV will carry a special introductory price tag for first 1000 customers in India. After that, the ex-showroom price will be hiked. Slowly, the presence of ZS EV will be expanded once other cities get few public charging stations.
MG ZS EV will come with 5-year unlimited km manufacturer warranty on the car and an 8-year/1,50,000 km warranty on the lithium-ion battery pack. Along with this, there is an eShield program with a 5-year 24×7 roadside assistance for the private buyers. That’s enough peace of mind.
Powering the ZS EV is a 44.5kWh liquid-cooled lithium-ion battery pack with a claimed range of about 340km. This charge is enough to travel from Delhi to Jaipur if driven sanely. There is an electric motor with a rated power output of 143bhp and 353Nm. Transmission is a single-speed automatic unit.
Coming to the charging, MG has installed 50kW DC fast chargers at select dealerships which can charge the ZS’ battery from zero to 80% in 50 minutes. The will also give a 7.4kW AC charger which can be installed at the customer’s home or office. This AC charger can juice up the battery pack in about 8 hours.
Also Read: Tata Nexon EV bookings started for Rs 21,000
MG ZS EV will be made available two variants in India – Excite and Exclusive. While the base Excite model will have everything a customer would be looking in an electric car, the top-end Exclusive variant will be equipped with more luxurious features including a panoramic sunroof and 2.5PM air-filter. Scroll down to check out more about the features in each variant.
MG ZS Excite
- Automatic projector headlamps with LED DRLs
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Breathable glow logo
- Power-adjustable ORVMs with integrated turn indicators
- Rear spoiler
- Chrome garnish on the front grille, window line and door handles
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Leather upholstery on door pads, dashboard and centre armrest
- 3.5-inch Multi-information display
- 60:40 split rear seats
- Push-button start/stop with keyless entry
- Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS) – 3 levels
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with 4 speakers
- Front and rear USB ports
- Steering mounted audio and phone controls
- 6 airbags
- ABS, EBD, ESC and brake assist
- Hill-start assist and hill-descent control
- Electronic parking brake
- Type pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
- Rear parking camera and sensors
- Front and rear seatbelt reminder
- ISOFIX child seat mounts
MG ZS EV Exclusive
- Silver-finished roof rails
- Leather seats
- Dual-pane panoramic sunroof
- PM 2.5 Filter
- 6-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Power folding and heated ORVMs
- I-Smart EV 2.0 connected car features
- 6 speakers
The MG ZS EV Excite variant is expected to cost anywhere around Rs 21-22 lakh mark and the Exclusive variant will be priced on par with its rival Hyundai Kona around Rs 23-24 lakh territory.